Making the Rose Francaise, Part 2

January 23, 2012 - comments
Continuing with the rose francaise construction notes, here is how I draped the front and attached the skirts.

Making the Rose Francaise, Part 1

January 22, 2012 - comments
I thought I would share some detailed construction pictures and notes of how I made my rose francaise. It’s not a tutorial, per se, but keeping a record will help me remember what I did next time I make this style. Read more...

More New Costume Pages

January 16, 2012 - comments
I'm on a roll! I added four more costumes to my portfolio page:

Filed under: 1780s, 1790s, 1840s

New Costume In the Portfolio - Williamsburg Wavy Print Outfit

January 15, 2012 - comments
I added another page to my portfolio. Check out my 1780s print jacket and petticoat!

Filed under: 1780s

Rose Française - Plans and Inspiration

January 1, 2012 - comments
My first project of 2012 is a new Robe a la Française made from some gorgeous rose silk taffeta. I’m attending an 18th century dinner at the beginning of February, and while I have a perfectly good Française already, I couldn’t resist the urge to make a new one. It’s been three years since I made the aqua Française and I’ve worn it at least half a dozen times so I don’t feel that guilty. Read more...

Displaying results 151-155 (of 182)
 |<  <  27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36  >  >|