Rose Française - Plans and Inspiration

January 1, 2012 - comments
My first project of 2012 is a new Robe a la Française made from some gorgeous rose silk taffeta. I’m attending an 18th century dinner at the beginning of February, and while I have a perfectly good Française already, I couldn’t resist the urge to make a new one. It’s been three years since I made the aqua Française and I’ve worn it at least half a dozen times so I don’t feel that guilty. Read more...

The Millionth Spotty Dress of 2011

December 29, 2011 - comments

How many polka dot dresses does one girl need? Well, if you are me, about a million! Before Christmas I started a new mid-1790s white gown. My old one is covered in brown stains, the casualty of a leak in my costume closet (but thankfully one of the few casualties), so it was time for a new one! This time I picked a spotted cotton from the stash that I had originally earmarked for a summer bustle gown. The fabric has raised dots but I choose to use the back side for a more subtle look. Read more...

Filed under: 1790s

Pink and Cream Mitts

December 27, 2011 - comments
Now that the holiday madness is over, I can get back to talking about sewing! Earlier this month I finished another pair of 18th century mitts, this time made with cream silk satin and decorated with light pink embroidery.
Read more...

Filed under: 1770s: accessories

Cream Spotty Bodice and Peplum Construction

December 10, 2011 - comments
Here are some construction details and more pictures!
Read more...

Cream Early Bustle Underskirt and More Project Plans

December 10, 2011 - comments
Here are some individual pictures of the underskirt for my cream spotty outfit, complete with cat!
Read more...

Displaying results 156-160 (of 183)
 |<  <  28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34 - 35 - 36 - 37  >  >| 

Instagram

Pinterest


Syndication

RSS